Evaluating body checking and body comparison tendencies in women’s daily lives
EVALUATING BODY CHECKING AND BODY COMPARISON TENDENCIES IN WOMEN'S DAILY LIVES
1. Your name, academic institution and contact details
2. Name of Chief Investigator
3. The name of your project and a brief synopsis
Evaluating body checking and body comparison tendencies in women’s daily lives.
This study aims to assess the frequency of body checking and/or appearance comparison behaviours in daily life of women and how these behaviours affect body satisfaction, using a uniquely designed iPhone app.
4. Recruitment Details
Are you a female aged above 18yrs, who currently meets criteria for an eating disorder or are concerned about your eating behaviours, eating beliefs and/or body image? Do you own an iPhone? If so, you are invited to help with eating disorder research and be entered into a draw to WIN an iPad mini!
1. Completing a 20-minute online questionnaire.
2. Downloading the iPhone app (you need at least an IOS 8 operating system).
Then, the app will signal 6 times per day, at random intervals between 10am to 8pm, for a period of 7-days. At these signals you fill out a 2-min survey on the app about your body checking and appearance comparison behaviours.
To view the study flyer please click HERE.
5. Human Research Ethics Approval Number
Ethics Approval No: 1544167
6. Opening and closing date for recruitment
Project Opens: start of May 2015
Project Closes: end of August 2015