Clinician Experiences of Maudsley Family-Based Therapy for Adolescent Anorexia
1. Researcher: Jessica Aradas, Western Sydney University, email@example.com
2. Chief Investigators: Dr Janet Conti (Western Sydney University) and Associate Professor Paul Rhodes (Sydney University)
3. University Supervisor: Dr Janet Conti, firstname.lastname@example.org
Project name: “Clinician Experiences of Maudsley Family-Based Therapy for Adolescent Anorexia
What is the study about?
This study is interested in hearing the voices of clinicians who work as Maudsley Family-based therapists for adolescent anorexia nervosa. We are also interested in hearing what it is like for you, as a clinician, to experience working with adolescents experiencing anorexia nervosa, and their families, and how this work has shaped your identity as a therapist. We believe that your experiences are important to consider when developing new ways of treating adolescent anorexia nervosa.
What does the study involve?
This study involves one of the researchers speaking to you about your experiences as a clinician working with people who experience adolescent anorexia nervosa and their families, including your thoughts and experiences of using Maudsley Family-Based Therapy as treatment. The study involves hearing your thoughts and experiences about what you found helpful or integral using Maudsley Family-Based Therapy, and what could be improved on. We are interested in your professional and personal experiences regarding the role of the therapeutic relationship with the adolescent and their family, and how this work has shaped your identity as a therapist. Participation in this study involves the interviews being audio-recorded and transcribed so that we can look at and try to understand your experiences in more detail.
5. Recruitment details: Any clinician of any professional background (e.g. counsellor, psychologist, family therapist) who is currently a primary provider of Maudsley Family Based Therapy for adolescent anorexia
6. Ethics approval number: H11303
7. Closing date: July 31st 2017