NSW Private Hospitals & Services
Northside Clinic – Greenwich
Service Type Private Mental Health Service, Private Hospital
- Inpatient, Day Program, Outpatient
Population Adolescent, Young Adult & Adult Services Offered
Specialist inpatient treatment for eating disorders, comprising of psychotherapy, nutritional counselling, exercise and group support. The treatment team comprises psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, a dietitian and nurses all specialising in eating disorders. The Unit also employs a teacher who visits regularly to encourage patients to continue with their school/ university studies whilst in hospital.
- The relapse prevention day program allows for continuum of care following discharge from hospital, providing patients with the flexibility to attend between 1-4 days per week, dependant on their individual stage of recovery. The program offers supportive group therapy empowering patients to make the behavioural and psychological changes necessary for recovery. Patients do not need to have had an inpatient admission before attending the day program.
- Patients require a referral from their GP or psychiatrist.
- Cost is generally covered by private health insurance.
Contact Information Address: Northside Clinic 2, Greenwich Road, GREENWICH NSW 2065Phone: (02) 9433 3555
Fax: (02) 9433 3599
Northside West Clinic - Wentworthville
Service Type Private Mental Health Service
- Inpatient, Day Program
Population Young Adult & Adult Services Offered
- Northside West Clinic offers both inpatient and day program for people suffering from Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified (EDNOS) and Binge Eating Disorder (BED).
- Northside West Clinic has a 7-bed inpatient unit with a specialist, multidisciplinary team comprising psychiatrist, psychologists, dietitian, physician, diversion therapists and specialist nurses. The program offers structure and support through group therapy, supervised meals and psychological support.
- The day program provides ongoing support and encouragement to help patients during the transitional change following discharge. The day program is also offered to those who have not had an inpatient admission previously but require support.
- Easy Access admissions staff needs to speak to every patient prior to admission. They require information such as a brief history, and a checklist of items, including what to bring, before providing an assessment.
- Patients require referral from a GP or psychiatrist.
- If a patient has been a member of a private health fund for more than eight weeks and their policy has no psychiatric exclusions, they will generally be covered for the cost of inpatient and day programs.
Contact Information Address: Northside West Clinic, 23-27 Lytton Street, Wentworthville NSW 2145Phone: (02) 8833 2222Fax: (02) 8833 2221
Wesley Private Hospital - Peter Beumont Centre for Eating Disorders
Service Type Private Hospital
- Inpatient, Day Program
Population Adolescent & Adult Services Offered
- The Wesley Eating Disorders Centre consists of a specialised 12-bed in-patient unit and a day patient program, which is held in a cottage within the grounds of Wesley Hospital Ashfield.
- The Wesley Eating Disorders Centre offers an integrated treatment program. Initial treatment is within an inpatient setting with a high level of supervision and an intensive group program. A variety of psychological therapies, including cognitive behavioural and mindfulness-based therapies, are used to help people develop skills to assist with recovery.
- The specialist, multi-disciplinary team consists of nurses, dieticians, clinical psychologists, art and exercise therapists, physicians and psychiatrists.
- GP or psychiatrist referral is required.
- Cost generally covered by Private Health Insurance. Eligibility can be checked on enquiry.
Contact Information Address: Wesley Eating Disorders Centre, Wesley Private Hospital, 91 Milton Street, Ashfield NSW 2131Phone: 1300 924 522Fax: (02) 9799 6585
Butterfly Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Service Type Outpatient Program Population Adolescent (over the age of 16) & Adult Services Offered
- The Butterfly IOP is a specialised program aiming to provide effective treatment to people with eating disorders who want to bridge the gap between inpatient and outpatient day program services. The service is based upon the highly successful Monte Nido & Affiliates eating disorder treatment program that currently operates in the USA. The Monte Nido approach is grounded in evidence-based practises, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, combined with alternative therapy modalities, which are tailored to each individual
- The Butterfly IOP consists of a small and dedicated team of professionals trained in the Monte Nido approach. It operates three days a week; Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. Each session is 3.5 hours long, and the key components of treatment include meal support, group therapy and family involvement.
- The outpatient program also provides ongoing support to help patients during the transitional change following discharge to ensure continuity of care.
Referral Information Currently accepting self-referrals, referrals from family members of carers, and GPs or other health professionals.
Phone 02 9412 4499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Information Address: The Butterfly Foundation, Butterfly Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), 103 Alexander Street, Crows Nest NSW 2065
Phone: 9412 4499
Service Name Contact Information Nungkari Treatment Centre Address: Nungkari Treatment, Centre PO Box 1402, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Phone: (02) 6684 4145
Dudley Private Hospital Address: Dudley Private Hospital, 261 March Street, Orange NSW 2800
Phone: (02) 6362 8122
South Pacific Private (SPP) Treatment CentreSouth Pacific Private does treat people with disordered eating issues when they co-exist with other issues such as addictions or depression and the client is motivated to deal with the underlying core issues which drive the problematic thoughts, feelings and behaviour. Address: South Pacific Private, 24 Beach Street, Curl Curl NSW 2096
Phone: 1800 063 332
NB: South Pacific Private does not treat Eating Disorders such as Anorexia and Bulimia when they are the primary problem, as treatment for these issues requires specialist care that is not within the capacity of SPP to provide.
The Sanctuary Byron Bay Address: The Sanctuary Byron Bay, 17 Tasman Way, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Phone: (02) 6639 8888