Employment Opportunity: NEDC Research Officer at Butterfly House, Crows Nest. Closing Date: Wednesday 24th February 2016
Position Vacant: NEDC Research Officer
Wanted; an academic passionate about creating positive change for those with eating disorders. We are seeking an NEDC Research Officer to oversee the development of literature reviews and research summaries, contribute to research and identify information for inclusion in resources used by the NEDC.
Be part of the solution!
- Rewarding research position with national mental health charity
- Surrounded by passionate and supportive peers
- Fixed Term position till 30 June 2016
- 3-5 days per week
- Salary $60,000 - $65,000 pro-rata if part-time
- Located at Butterfly House, Crows Nest, 2065 NSW
Are you ready to help make change?
With a post-graduate degree in a related social science, science or health field or in the process of completing a qualification, you have excellent research skills and are able to translate that into accessible and informative resources. Supported by great colleagues, you are also an effective administrator.
The Butterfly Foundation represents all people affected by eating disorders and negative body image. As a leading national voice in supporting their needs, Butterfly highlights the realities of seeking treatment for recovery, and advocates for improved services from both government and independent sources.
Summary of Essential Skills/Knowledge
(Please see the Position Description for the FULL Selection Criteria)
Candidates must possess the following skills and/or knowledge:
- Post-graduate degree in a related social science, science or health field or be in the process of completing one
- Highly developed research skills including using publication databases.
- Excellent written communication skills and experience in writing for diverse audiences, converting technical or research material in to accessible and informative copy for a range of resources.
- Experience in producing research materials including literature reviews, articles and web content.
- An understanding of eating disorders and body image issues and their impact on mental and physical health.
- Capacity to cultivate formal and informal relationships in order to engage with stakeholders and develop a culture of constructive collaboration.
We are looking for people who
- Are passionate advocates for positive body image.
- Have a good understanding of the concepts of positive body image, self-esteem, healthy eating (i.e. flexible, relaxed, non-dieting approach).
- Are holders of a Working with Children Check (if this is not something you currently have, you can apply for this if you are successful).
- Are holders of a New South Wales driver’s licence and have access to a vehicle.
All applicants should supply their resume, and must address the FULL Selection Criteria (essential and desirable) as detailed in the Position Description in a separate letter.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications should be submitted by email to Frances Cook at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 24 2016.
Applications will be assessed as they come in, so keen applicants are advised to submit their applications early.
For enquiries about this position, contact Frances Cook on 02 8456 3907 or email firstname.lastname@example.org